The Department of Justice & Regulation is committed to ensuring that information on the Cameras Save Lives website is widely accessible, and will be taking a staged approach to ensure compliance with the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
If you have any accessibility problems with this website, please let us know by completing the website feedback form. We will attempt to rectify the problem and provide you with any information you require in an alternative format.
General web accessibility information
There are many tools that people with a disability can use to assist them in accessing the Internet:
These tools manipulate the keyboard or mouse:
- Refreshable Braille displays - A small Braille display that a blind person can use to read the screen line by line
- Joysticks or Trackballs - Pointers that manipulate the mouse onscreen for people with motor disabilities
- Alternative keyboards - Keyboards with limited keys for people with motor disabilities. These include keyboards manipulated by fingers and keyboards manipulated using a head-wand.
These tools change how a user interacts with the site:
- Screen readers - Programs such as JAWS and Window-Eyes that convert a website into a Braille display or read it in audio for people who are blind, visually impaired or have dyslexia
- Screen Magnifiers - Programs that magnify sections of the screen for people with vision impairments. See: Windows Screen Magnifier.
- Oversized cursors - Large cursors for people with vision impairments. See: "Biggy" cursors.
- Onscreen keyboards - Keyboards for people with motor disabilities used in combination with switching devices. See: On-screen keyboard
- Programs that slow down applications for people with motor disabilities, for example CPU Killer (for Windows).
Browsers and operating systems
Your experience of this website may vary according to the capabilities of your browser, operating system or device.
The department actively supports browsers used by more than two per cent of our visitors.
Given the wide range of systems and devices available, we do not actively test with browsers where the usage falls below two per cent of visitors. As a result, your experience of our website may be variable on older browsers.
As a result, your experience of our website may be variable on older browsers. For the best experience make sure you update your browser to the latest version.
- Chrome 30 +
- Firefox 31 +
- Safari 6 +
- Internet Explorer 8 +
Supported operating systems
- iOS 7 +
- Android 2.3 +
- Windows XP +
- OS X +
General browser shortcuts
The keyboard shortcuts provided below apply to Microsoft Internet Explorer, Opera and Firefox. Where available, the key combinations for Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems have been provided.
- Del= Delete
- UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT =Arrow keys.
|Decrease text size||Ctrl/Cmd+-||9|
|Delete individual form auto-complete entry||Del||Shift+Del|
|DOM inspector||Ctrl+Shift+I (Win/Linux)|
|Find as you type link||'||,
|Find as you type text||/||/
|Find in this page||Ctrl/Cmd+F||Ctrl/Cmd+F||Ctrl/Cmd+F|
|Go down one line||Down||Down||Down|
|Go up one line||Up||Up||Up|
|Go down one page||PageDown||PageDown||PageDown|
|Go up one page||PageUp||PageUp||PageUp|
|Go to bottom of page||End||End||End|
|Go to top of page||Home||Home||Home|
|Full screen||F11||F11 (Win/Linux)||F11|
|Increase text size||Ctrl/Cmd++||0|
|Move to next frame||F6|
|More to previous frame||Shift+F6|
|Next tab||Ctrl/Cmd+O||Ctrl+Tab (Win/Linux)
|Open link in new tab||Ctrl/Cmd+F3||Ctrl/Cmd+Enter/Return|
|Open link in new window||Ctrl/Cmd+V||Shift+Enter/Return||Shift+Enter/Return|
|Open address in new tab||Ctrl/Cmd+P||Alt/Option+Enter/Return||Shift+Enter/Return|
|Page info||Ctrl/Cmd+Y||Ctrl+I (Linux)
|Feature Not Available Ctrl/Cmd+Shift+Tab
|Reload (override cache)||Alt/Option+D
|Restore text size||Ctrl/Cmd+0||6|
|Save page as||Ctrl/Cmd+S||Ctrl/Cmd+S|
|Save link target as||Alt/Option+Enter/Return|
|Select location bar||Esc||Ctrl/Cmd+L
|Select next auto-complete entry in text field||Ctrl/Cmd+Z||Down|
|Select previous auto-complete entry in text field||Up|
|Select next search engine in search bar||Ctrl/Cmd+Down|
|Select previous search engine in search bar||Ctrl/Cmd+Up|
|Select tab [1 to 9]||Ctrl+[1 to 9] (Win)
Alt+[1 to 9] (Linux)
Cmd+[1 to 9] (Mac)
(Web Search moves the cursor to the Search Bar and only works if the Search Bar is visible. If the Search Bar is hidden, this keyboard shortcut has no effect).
Shortcuts for Internet Explorer
Details of shortcuts for various versions of Internet Explorer can be obtained from the Microsoft website.
Shortcuts for Opera
Display and usability
This website works best in the following browsers:
The information above has been sourced from:
- Multimedia Victoria
- websites of the various commercial browsers.