Camera locations throughout Victoria
Annual camera test certificates are available for each fixed digital road safety camera, excluding wet-film and pre-commissioned camera sites. certificates for pre-commissioned camera sites are issued after a camera is tested by an independent testing authority and found to be operating correctly. According to the Road Safety (General) Regulations 2009, camera test certificates are not required for wet-film sites .
This map displays the locations of fixed road safety cameras across Victoria. Roadworks and camera maintenance may affect whether a camera is enforcing.
Mobile camera locations
Mobile cameras are used in unmarked vehicles parked on the side of the road.
Victoria Police has approved approximately 2000 locations across Victoria where mobile cameras can operate at any time on any day.
An updated list of these approved mobile camera locations is published monthly.
Upcoming (pre-commissioned) camera locations
When a fixed camera is installed, it undergoes thorough testing before it starts to issue fines. During this period, the camera is said to be 'pre-commissioned'.
A pre-commissioned camera operates as normal and may flash if it detects a car speeding or running a red light, but no fines will be issued.
There are currently 6 pre-commissioned cameras:
- Rosanna Road and Darebin Street, Northbound, Heidelberg
- Rosanna Road and Darebin Street, Southbound, Heidelberg
- Rosanna Road and Banyule Road, Northbound, Rosanna
- Rosanna Road and Banyule Road, Southbound, Rosanna
- Peninsula Link Freeway, Southbound, Ballarto Road Bridge, Carrum Downs
- Peninsula Link Freeway, Northbound, Ballarto Road Bridge, Frankston North