Fixed camera systems
- Activated in December 2004
- 12 cameras at 4 active locations.
- Activated in September 2008
- 22 cameras at 6 active locations.
- Activated in January 2006
- 8 cameras at 8 active locations along the Princes Freeway and Westgate Freeway between Melbourne and Geelong.
- Activated in January 2014
- There are 4 cameras on the freeway at Glen Iris that capture traffic travelling in both directions, detecting speed across 8 lanes (4 northbound lanes and 4 southbound lanes).
Western Ring Road
- Activated in April 2007
- 29 cameras at 8 active locations.
Point-to-Point (P2P) and Instantaneous systems
The Hume Freeway and Peninsula Link camera systems include both point-to-point (calculating the average speed based on a vehicle travelling a known distance from 1 point to the next) and instantaneous (capturing the speed of a vehicle at the location of the camera) speed detection.
- Activated for point-to-point detection in April 2007
- Activated for instantaneous detection in August 2012
- 20 cameras at 10 separate locations along the Hume Freeway (5 northbound and 5 southbound locations)
- Cameras capture traffic travelling in both directions, with active point-to-point cameras effectively creating 4 northbound and 4 southbound P2P zones.
- Activated in September 2013 (for both point-to-point and instantaneous detection).
- Two new locations at the Ballarto Road Bridge crossing were added to the Peninsula Link camera network just north of the Skye Road Bridge camera location. This also included the addition of two new point-to-point zones.
- 25 cameras are positioned at 8 locations (4 northbound and 4 southbound) along the 27 kilometre stretch of road between Carrum Downs and Mount Martha.
- Cameras capture traffic travelling in both directions, with active point-to-point cameras effectively creating 3 northbound and 3 southbound P2P zones.
- There is 1 railway level crossing road safety camera in Victoria, at Bagshot on the Midland Highway northeast of Bendigo
- Activated to detect speed in January 2010 and red light detection commenced October 2012
- 2 cameras are used to capture traffic in both directions