All Victorian fixed digital road safety cameras are tested annually by an independent testing officer in accordance with the Road Safety (General) Regulations 2019.
Once successfully tested, a certificate of compliance (referred to here as a ‘test certificate’) is issued for each camera, confirming it adheres to the Regulations and is operating correctly.
Under the Road Safety Act 1986, photos and data from certified cameras can be used as evidence in court.
- Some camera locations may vary due to equipment upgrades, repositioning on different points of the intersection and suburb boundary changes.
- Some locations have more than 1 certified camera. At these sites, certificates for each camera are provided in the same file and labelled according to their position or the lane they enforce (e.g. kerb, median, lane 1, lane 2, northbound, eastbound).
- Cameras can be decommissioned at any time for a variety of reasons, therefore some of the camera locations listed may no longer be operating.
Find a camera test certificate
To find current and past test certificates for a specific road safety camera, please type the suburb, postcode, street name, highway name or offence location into the search field below or use the interactive map on the Locations page of this website.
Can’t find the location or certificate you are looking for?
If you’re unable to find the camera location or test certificate you require, you can;
- view a list of all fixed camera locations by downloading a spreadsheet (please note: the document does not contain test certificate information)
- submit a request through our online feedback form