13 February 2017
New digital speed and red-light cameras have now been activated at 13 high-risk intersections across the state as part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to reduce road trauma.
New cameras have been installed at four high-risk intersections following requests from councils and the public, while nine wet-film cameras have been upgraded to digital technology.
The cameras started enforcing on Monday 13 February 2017, and will be listed on the camera locations page of this website.
The new sites were all selected by the independent site selection committee, which includes representatives from Victoria Police, the Department of Justice and Regulation, and VicRoads.
- Springvale Road & Canterbury Road, Forest Hill
- Maroondah Highway & Ringwood Bypass/Mount Dandenong Road, Ringwood
- Canterbury Road & Mitcham Road, Vermont
- Plenty Road & Kingsbury Drive/Dunne Street, Bundoora
Wet film upgrades
- North Road & Clayton Road, Oakleigh East
- Barkers Road & Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn
- Murray Road & Elizabeth Street, Coburg
- Pascoe Vale Road & Peck Ave, Strathmore
- Thompson Road & Separation Street, Bell Park
- Princess Highway & Station Street, Corio
- Settlement Road & Torquay Road, Belmont
- Moorabool Street & Fyans Street, South Geelong
- McIvor Road & Reservoir Road, Strathdale