Top 10 road safety cameras for infringements issued
|Camera site||Number of infringements issued|
|At the Intersection of King Street and La Trobe Street, West Melbourne - lane - 1, 2, 3, 4||31,465|
|At the Intersection of Warrigal Road and Batesford Road, Chadstone - lane 1, 2, 3||29,716|
|At the Intersection of Fitzroy Street and Lakeside Drive, St Kilda - lane 1, 2, 3||26,010|
|At the Intersection of Geelong Road and Droop Street, Footscray - lane 1, 2, 3, 4||12,566|
|Princes Freeway, Lara, Avalon Road Bridge, Melbourne Bound - lane 1, 2, 3||11,340|
|At the Intersection of North Road and Clayton Road, Oakleigh East - lane 1, 2, 3||10,422|
|Western Ring Road and Fullarton Road Bridge Southbound, Keilor Park - lane 3, 4||9,490|
|Princes Freeway, Little River, Point Wilson Road Bridge, Melbourne Bound - lane 1, 2, 3||9,299|
|Eastlink, Rowville, Southbound, Wellington Road Bridge - lane 3||9,279|
|At the Intersection of Flinders Street and William Street, Melbourne - lane 1, 2, 3||9,164|
- The road safety camera at the intersection of King Street and La Trobe Street, West Melbourne recorded the most infringements in 2019-20. Infringements for this camera decreased by 17.7 per cent when compared with 2018-19.
- The top three cameras are located in 40 km/h zones.
- Research shows a pedestrian struck by a car travelling at 40 km/h has a much greater chance of survival than someone struck at 60 km/h.
Speeding and red-light offences
Total infringements for speeding and red-light offences
There was an 11.2 per cent decrease in total infringement volumes for speeding and red-light offences from 2018-19 to 2019-20.
Speeding infringements (fixed and mobile cameras)
|Exceed speed by less than 10km/h||732,326||808,187|
|Exceed speed by 10km/h but less than 15km/h||150,846||173,667|
|Exceed speed by 15km/h but less than 25km/h||53,727||63,331|
|Exceed speed by 25km/h but less than 30km/h||5,239||6,622|
|Exceed speed by 30km/h but less than 35km/h||2,385||3,061|
|Exceed speed by 35km/h but less than 40km/h||1,272||1,603|
|Exceed speed by 40km/h but less than 45km/h||712||841|
|Exceed speed by 45km/h or more||882||904|
|Exceed speed by more than 20km/h in 110km/h zone||522||486|
- Speeding infringements detected by both fixed and mobile cameras decreased by 10.4 per cent from 2018-19 to 2019-20.
- Speeding infringements for less than 10km/h decreased by 9.3 per cent from 2018-19 to 2019-20.
Total infringements for red-light offences
There was a 16.8 per cent decrease in total infringements for red-light offences from 2018-19 to 2019-20.